Question: channels getting fluctuation or no signal

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
hello everyone:

i am having some issues with the channel 26 on DTV just i get not signal of just constant pixellations and well now even do not see image or runs just see the image of the channel 13.2 instead of the image of the 26 , i do not know if this is just because my antenna is not the best enough or is something else.

any answer or help would get appreciated

by the way the hannel 26 runs at 35 or 20 of signal and well also the channel 7-9-11-13 the signal strenght fluctuates between 51-100% and causes annoying problems of noise of MPEG or motion fluent problems.

best regards
Francisco

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Francisco,

If it was ATSC 8VSB I'd say it was multi-path. In my experience that is what happens. Try slight adjustments to your antenna. I don't know enough about your system to be of more help than that.

Regards,
Dan

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
i do not know this system a lot even with some papers already do not understand fully, also have some of those issues, the antenna is obstructed and well i do not know many says that should put grease to the ballum to avoid that get oxidation the wires , i think is a very dumb thing this, but well thanks

best regards
Francisco

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Francisco,

When the BER of an ATSC 8VSB signal increases to the point where a receiver can no longer translate or decipher it, picture pixelation, picture blocking or complete loss of picture occurs. When the signal drops below a minimum or 'detection level' the picture goes away completely. When a signal is too strong for a receiver to translate or decipher, the picture goes away completely.

If I correctly understand what you are seeing, your picture is not showing fluid motion and it is 'jumping' from a frame - past several frames - and again locking on a frame. Something like watching a ping pong match and following the ball: you are able to see both players swing and hit the ball, but you are not able to see the ball travel back and forth across the net, because the picture pauses and then jumps ahead. Is this correct?

For some reason your tuner is losing its 'lock' on the signal or it is being confused and Dan's thought about multipath could be the reason. You could prove for certain you are not being overwhelmed by too much signal by installing an attenuator in your coax line.

Next is to change the height of your existing antenna to see if your pictures worsen or improve. Then try different antennas. Best would be to try different antennas in different locations but I think you said you are dedicated to your antennas' current location.

Regarding corrosion on the balun leads, silicone grease works great! I hope this helps.

Jim

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
Well probably would be multipath as far as I know those channels are now working at fifteen kw that will be the standard on santiago probably also would try with a indoor antenna but also am not familiar with antennas while more bars or elements have better reception of weak signals will have that is correct ?

My antenna have 8 elements plus a director the longest bar

Ok 7 plus director , is adequate or I need a better one.

Now that remember have two transmitters one in the san ctistobal hill and other in the town of lo barnechea the channel 7 uhf 33 and 32

Best regard
Francisco

Sent from tapatalk pro for lg p 500 h »optimus one »

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
Did test with my indoor antenna and I think have right dan about multipath because with an flat antenna rca 4100 got a better signal strength average 80 % with booster of 20 db and without it 75 65 % and dropping to 50 % in the channel 24 13 Hd and of 85 ~ 90 % with booster and without booster 65 percent channel 11 HD with or without booster no signal and screenshots or pixelation the indoor antenna was back of a window fence with a 10 meter of quad shield cable.

Channel 26 no signal must be by rainy day.the no signal with the indoor antenna but the same day said on display no service with my rooftop antenna

Regards
Francisco

Sent from tapatalk pro for lg p 500 h »optimus one »