Charter forcing customers to rent cable boxes?

U

Unregistered

Charter is forcing us to rent Digital Boxes for all TVs in your house. Is there a box I can buy that is compatible with Charter Communications??

This is Outrageous at best, Charter is a selfish company with no regard to Social Juctice. Help!!!!!!

Charter is forcing us to rent Digital Boxes for all TVs in your house. Is there a box I can buy that is compatible with Charter Communications??
Very unlikely.

This is Outrageous at best, Charter is a selfish company with no regard to Social Juctice. Help!!!!!!
These are very nice people who are doing their very best to explain that you should GET AN ANTENNA and FORGET ABOUT CABLE!!.

Maybe you should start listening? :thumb:

Rick

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member

Corporations don't care about "social justice", they just want a profit. To that end, leasing you cable boxes and not allowing you to buy it is an effective strategy that makes consumers pay for the box well past the time when its been paid for. Great for Your Cable Co, not so good for consumers.

And, you can't buy a cable box. While you can either buy a TiVo that takes a cable card or use a PC with a TV tuner that takes a cable card, in either case, you will still have to rent the cable card from... you guessed it, Your Cable Co. (For about the same price as the box rental.)

OR:
You could keep your main TV on the cable, and connect those "other" TV sets to an antenna and get all your local channels - some in HD - for free. No guarantee what you can get, but I get 40 channels. You can also use a Roku box or similar device to get movies and other content from the internet if you have broadband.

We can help you with that.

n2rj

Staff member
They may be going "all digital" which is why you need a box.

But I think the local channels and maybe some others may still be receivable with most any digital TV.