Cheapest options for getting Netflix on TV?

U

Unregistered

What are some cheap options to get Netflix on a TV? It's only a 2 year old HDTV but I can't connect to the internet with it. I was hoping to watch Netflix on it. Is there any way to do it for less than $100?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
What are some cheap options to get Netflix on a TV? It's only a 2 year old HDTV but I can't connect to the internet with it. I was hoping to watch Netflix on it. Is there any way to do it for less than $100?
There are many ways to get Netflix on your TV for under $100.

• Cheapest would probably be to connect your computer to your TV - as long as your computer and TV both have the right connectors. This works well with a laptop, or even a decent tablet. Cost would be around $10 for the cable. If you want to go this route, then we can help you.
  • Netgear NeoTV Streaming Player (NTV200) is $39 on Amazon. Reviews on this device are mixed, and for the same price you can get a Roku.
  • Roku
    players range from $35 for the Roku LT to $99 for the top-of-the-line Roku 3 . The advantage of a Roku player is that it has about 1000 channels available - many for free, not just Netflix and a handful of others. I would suggest the Roku HD Streaming Player, its a "best buy" at $39.95.
  • Amazon's new "Fire TV" is $99. This is a new box with great features and lots of potential, but it is so new that the reviews are not all in yet.
  • Apple TV
    for about $100. It's your "go-to" option if you're already own Apple products and in the Apple system.

There are several other under $100 options for Netflix on your TV, including a Blu-ray player with streaming built-in. Just beware of the players that require you to buy a separate wi-fi adapter - many of the Samsung models require one. I have an LG Blu-Ray
player with 3D and WiFi that I got for about $80 on sale at Walmart that works great. If you have a Wii / Wii U, Playstation 3/4, or Xbox 360/ Xbox One, you can use these to stream netflix, also.

Last edited: