Childrens Television Making Kids Dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Bicker, let me challenge you directly. Because you are lost in feel good talk and not addressing the issues. You prefer the morality of sentimentality over reason.

Should cannibals culture of cannibalism be respected and celebrated?

EscapeVelocity

To me it quickly degraded again.
I thougt so too, when bicker posted. However difficult subjects, these are important to talk about. Criticizing immigration and multiculturalism has been taboo since the 60s.....politically correct doctrines have become the norm. Anyone who questions these are insinuated as being racists, xenophobes, and haters (see bickers post).

The pics posted by 1inxs directly involve the latino immigration issue, those are anchor babies in a California school, during the immigration bill debates in 2005/2006.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Bicker, let me challenge you directly. Because you are lost in feel good talk and not addressing the issues.
Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm not addressing the issues. I am addressing the issue. I'm simply not kowtowing to what I think is patently wrong.

You prefer the morality of sentimentality over reason.
Your comments are often abusive and insulting, indicating a distinct lack of consideration and thoughtfulness.

Should cannibals culture of cannibalism be respected and celebrated?
Before I placate your inquisition you'll have to subject yourself to mine: Since you are so focused on whom to exclude, list all those cultures that you would deign to include, and explain for each why they are deserving of inclusion while other cultural groups here in the United States, the ones you choose to merely tolerate rather than respect, are not worthy of such inclusion?

I thougt so too, when bicker posted.
So is what you're saying is that whenever a strong perspective that opposes yours posts you see that as a degradation of the discussion.

EscapeVelocity

I guess you are fine with canabalism from your evasion.

Anything goes....which will lead to the regression of humanity back to animalistic debauchery. Such is the reality of the attempts at implementing Leftwing utopian visions.

Are French Quebecers xenophobic exclusivist racists? How about Native Americans?

Should we wait until our cultures are in the same shape as Native Americans before we value them and promote them and seek to preserve them?

These are real issues, and singing Kum ba ya isnt going to address them. Calling people racists, xenophobes, and haters is an attempt to shut down public discourse....not address the issues. Pretending the issues dont exist also is ridiculous. But the double standard is more than just hypocrisy...its anti Western at its core, and regressive for all humanity.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I guess you are fine with canabalism from your evasion.
Where do you get off making such outrageously self-serving and arrogant pronouncements? Your comments are abusive and offensive and the presumption that is inherent in your comments is inexcusable. { Content removed for personal attacks} Grow up and start discussing things maturely.

I'll print the text that you missed in my earlier message again, bigger and bold, so you cannot have any excuse for failing to read and understand it:

Before I placate your inquisition you'll have to subject yourself to mine: Since you are so focused on whom to exclude, list all those cultures that you would deign to include, and explain for each why they are deserving of inclusion while other cultural groups here in the United States, the ones you choose to merely tolerate rather than respect, are not worthy of such inclusion?​

{Mod note: Yelling means this dicussion is out of hand and the increased size has been removed}

Anything goes....which will lead to the regression of humanity back to animalistic debauchery.
Your conduct in this thread seems to indicate that you're content to conduct yourself in an disreputable and inexcusable manner. I don't see how you can talk about the regression of humanity in others when you behave in this manner in this thread yourself.

Now answer my question. Stop evading.

Last edited by a moderator:

EscapeVelocity

Im not playing the Leftwing game, Ive stated my position clearly on this thread, backed it up with examples.

Your request is ridiculous and designed to sidetrack the discussion by having me write a dissertation that would take years to complete.

Now answer my SIMPLE questoin, do you think we should celebrate cannibalism and cannibalist cultures, perhaps with an episode on Dora the Explorer where she shares a meal with them and accepts and celebrates their culture as just as good as her own, perhaps better since they have historically been persecuted for their actions?

This reminds me of the Brits in India, where widowers were burned alive on funeral pyres of their husbands. The British military officer replied...."Where I come from, we hang people that for such actions....you have your customs, and I have mine."

This idea of moral and cultural equivalency is a pox on humanity.

Last edited:

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Im not playing the Leftwing game
And I'm not playing your childish game. Either you agree to play by the same rules you're expecting others to play by, your accept the fact that your perspective doesn't have the merit you assert it has.

Your request is ridiculous and designed to sidetrack the discussion by having me write a dissertation that would take years to complete.
Thank you for writing my reply to your ridiculous question.

Now instead of wasting bandwidth in the future trying to trick the person you're arguing with into subjecting themselves to an inquisition inflicted by you (as if anyone would be so stupid -- your lack of respect for the people you're debating with is showing), just stick to trying to support your points.

I told you the price of my willingness to play your childish game. You answer my question first, showing that you're willing to subject yourself to my inquisition, or don't you dare presume to expect me to subject myself to your inquisition. That expectation would be surely be indicative of the type of arrogant self-serving perspective that I saw in your earlier comments.

ok this is starting to get really out of control. if the attacks continue further this thread will be deleted. this forum is not the place for personal attacks and/or name calling. consider this fair warning. either keep to the discussion in a civil manner or the thread will be deleted.

Piggie

Super Moderator
ok this is starting to get really out of control. if the attacks continue further this thread will be deleted. this forum is not the place for personal attacks and/or name calling. consider this fair warning. either keep to the discussion in a civil manner or the thread will be deleted.
Well I didn't delete DTVuser, but I did lock it closed about 3 to 4 hours ago and moderated some comments. It had gotten to personal. The comments should be pulled out the thread so it's back on topic. I am posting this public intentionally but as long as Jay goes along with me, if I see the happen I will act faster to move it so it's doesn't troll a thread so bad.

I also went back and removed as many of my political and opinion posts in non-technical threads as I could find. I am done talking opinions here on this forum and don't feel I can be an effective moderator giving my opinions.

I tried to lock it but there isn't a 'lock thread' in the 'thread tools'. only delete. either way, i figured warning was better than taking a step until it's needed. a lot of times that's enough.

I try my best to steer far away from politics either way, they're very far above my head and i never understood this left/right stuff, it appears there's no winning side, left or right, they both have advantages and disadvantages, good and bad people from either side, just like democrat and republican (i myself am republican but have very little republican beliefs; simple stereotype error)

But personal attacks at either side as if one's better than the other, so hard to figure out who's really the bad guy, left or right, democrat or republican, AHHHH! can't we just get along????

How it got into a discussion of Dora the Explorer vs. 1970s-under educational TV is beyond me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.