Classic Holiday Movies

TVTom51

DTVUSA Member
Anyone enjoy watching holiday classics from the 40's-50's like White Christmas or Holiday Inn? AMC has been running a slew of them this past week if anyone's interested.

cclc

DTVUSA Member
My favorite is It's A wonderful Life starring Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed, but i like all the Holiday Classics from that era. Most of the traditional and timeless classic Christmas music we listen too today came from them movies!

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
EscapeVelocity wrote:
A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are 2 of my favorites. Home Alone was a fantastic modern addition as well. off beat Die Hard
-------------------------------------------------
Hey EV,
You'll shoot your eye out! :nyah:
Jim

EscapeVelocity wrote:
A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are 2 of my favorites. Home Alone was a fantastic modern addition as well. off beat Die Hard
-------------------------------------------------
Hey EV,
You'll shoot your eye out! :nyah:
Jim
Funny you mention Die Hard Jim! My wife and I were argueing about whether Die Hard could be considered a Chrismtas movie last weekend. I told her that the fact that the whole movie is centered around John McClane's wife's Christmas party getting ransacked by terrorists makes it a Christmas movie. Plus, there's snow fall throughout the movie.

More evidence that Die Hard is a Christmas movie: Die Hard - The Greatest Christmas Movie Ever - Blogcritics Video :first: :horse:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Funny you mention Die Hard Jim! My wife and I were argueing about whether Die Hard could be considered a Chrismtas movie last weekend. I told her that the fact that the whole movie is centered around John McClane's wife's Christmas party getting ransacked by terrorists makes it a Christmas movie. Plus, there's snow fall throughout the movie.

More evidence that Die Hard is a Christmas movie: Die Hard - The Greatest Christmas Movie Ever - Blogcritics Video :first: :horse:
---------------------------------------------
HTNut,
Die Hard was one of EV's choices. I have the DVD and since you two reminded us that it is a Christmas movie, I'd watch it -- except my 16 month old DVD player died last week. Any recommendations on a Blue Ray replacement deck? Thanks in advance,
Jim

---------------------------------------------
HTNut,
Die Hard was one of EV's choices. I have the DVD and since you two reminded us that it is a Christmas movie, I'd watch it -- except my 16 month old DVD player died last week. Any recommendations on a Blue Ray replacement deck? Thanks in advance,
Jim
Just another reminder for me to go in and get my eyes checked. :eyes: ;)

Sorry to hear that about your DVD player Jim! I got a great deal a little while back on a Sony BDP-S550 that has worked pretty well for us. Pretty easy to update software too with the CAT 5 connection. Sony also makes a wifi blu-ray if you're really concerned about updating but lack a connection with models BDP-S360 and BDP-S560. I really haven't kept up with the latest Blu-ray drives after buying mine.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I'm not watching them on AMC (hate commercials) but I am watching them. I adore White Christmas and Holiday Inn both. I also like to watch Come to the Stable. One of the new classics for me is Polar Express which I think is just awesome.