Closed Captioned and the Converter Box

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
I know there are people that are probably wondering if they will still receive closed captioning through a converter box? The answer is yes, all coupon eligible converter box manufacturers are required to provide closed captioning for display on your television. But the features will depends on who makes the box.

I know there are people that are probably wondering if they will still receive closed captioning through a converter box? The answer is yes, all coupon eligible converter box manufacturers are required to provide closed captioning for display on your television. But the features will depends on who makes the box.
Thanks for that information. I was wondering if it did!

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
Yeah I had to go and look it up because I have friends that need to use this feature. So I thought it would be a good thing to share with everyone here.

Sparks

DTVUSA Member
Most if not all of the converter boxes that I have seen has the CC built into the box. Not somthing that I look for or think to say anything about. You can leave that feature off on the box if you prefer the CC from the TV set.