CNN to Launch Spanish Language OTA Channel

dkreichen1968

Staff member
CNN en Espanol will launch CNN Latino, a new over-the-air Spanish-language programming block created for the U.S. Hispanic market. The channel was was announced today by Cynthia Hudson-Fernandez, senior vice president and general manager of CNN en Espanol and Hispanic strategy for CNN/U.S. It will go live first in Los Angeles in late January on KBEH-DT Ch. 63, a stationed owned by Hero Broadcasting.
Read More: TVTechnology: CNN Goes Over-the-Air With CNN Latino

More evidence that the dominance of cable (and satellite) as a TV delivery system is slipping. Hispanics, of course, are one of the demographics most likely to get their TV over the air. But, other groups are following, especially among younger viewers. If more people cancel their pay-TV subscriptions expect content providers to follow the viewers and go more and more toward free OTA.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Funny how CNN will create free Spanish language OTA programming, but not English.

Think about that...

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
Nothing new, already exist in cablevision the CNN en español, which just have focus in Mexican stuffs and not a global view as the CNN international

Enviado desde mi ViewPad E72 usando Tapatalk 2

n2rj

Staff member
Yeah I used to listen to CNN en Espanol on XM radio, and you are right they cover mostly Mexican and US stuff, but that's because they cater primarily to a US audience. It was nice to catch up with the sports (Futbol) with Diego Bustos though.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
but if supposed to be an Channel of news should have coverage to everything not only to mexican and latin stuffs, just is too rigid their programming
Agreed that almost all North American news is way to USA - centered. There's a whole world of news out there. The USA covers less than 7% of the world's land mass, yet network news is almost entirely all centered on USA.

Spanish language news networks are pretty much all about Mexico.

Best you can hope for is that Al Jazeera starts broadcasting in Spanish, as they have long planned. You might try also Deutsche Welle, I understand they are available in many languages TOP STORIES | DW.DE

It's a fact that US network news is neither fair or balanced.

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
afortunatelly my blu ray player have the smart stuffs the application for watch the Deustche welle and other Tv channels online, but i do not care the language in fact i prefer the english language channels because are more rigurous in the info given