Combining my ATSC signal with my Dish Network

I want to distribute my ATSC digital signal throughout my house just like my Dish Signal.

I'd like to combine the signal from my Dish Network DVR that goes out via coax on Channel 3 to one TV and 73 to the others. I'd like to have a single cable in my house that carries those two signals plus the signal from my CM 4228. I have an LG HDTV that has an ATSC tuner, but the LCD upstairs only has NTSC and will need a digital converter box, I'll also need one to power the HD signal to my LCD projector in the basement.

Maybe these images will explain it better. Is this possible? What sorts of joiners or combiners will I need? Should I just break down and subscribe to the HD service from Dish, and then plug in my antenna to their box to get all the other locals?

Current setup

Theoretical Setup

Thanks

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
It should be simple with a diplexer/combiner. The diplexer allows voltage pass to through one side for the satellite and ATSC signal through the other side.
I want to distribute my ATSC digital signal throughout my house just like my Dish Signal.

I'd like to combine the signal from my Dish Network DVR that goes out via coax on Channel 3 to one TV and 73 to the others. I'd like to have a single cable in my house that carries those two signals plus the signal from my CM 4228. I have an LG HDTV that has an ATSC tuner, but the LCD upstairs only has NTSC and will need a digital converter box, I'll also need one to power the HD signal to my LCD projector in the basement.

Maybe these images will explain it better. Is this possible? What sorts of joiners or combiners will I need? Should I just break down and subscribe to the HD service from Dish, and then plug in my antenna to their box to get all the other locals?

Current setup

Theoretical Setup

Thanks

Boo-Ray

DTVUSA Member

Thanks
Great mockups! You may experience some loss with a setup like this but nothing noticeable. Take a look at this badboy Terk BMS-58 5 in/8 out multiswitch at Crutchfield.com when you get a chance. You may want to check out this one too (quite a bit cheaper) Dual Diplexer Satellite DIRECTV Approved Combine Signal From Dual LNB Off-Air Winegard DP-3020 Dish Antenna Voltage Regulated Amplified Receiver 12 VDC, DC Passing, Part # DP3020: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audi

yes I have OTA and Dish network they are all combined so I just push a button on the remote to switch from Sat. to OTA. the antenna also runs to my PVR so I can record stuff and burn it to DVD.