Comcast broadcasting HD 16:9 shows on SD 4:3 Channels? - XFinity

I have a problem with the fact that Comcast is broadcasting HD 16:9 shows on SD 4:3 Channels. Several extended basic channels, i.e. cooking channel, dyi channel, most of the pay movie channels, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime are broadcast on SD 4:3 Channels when clearly the originated on digital 16:9 format. The end up with bars on all sides. Comcast customer service is clueless when asked and it seems I am being ripped off by having to watch premium channels along with the basic ones on standard definition comcast channels. If I used a digital antenna, they would all be 16:9. Only 2 of the 5 HBOs are actually in HD. Will have to check with the neighbors who have Satellite because I think they are mostly all 16:9 HD channels.

Is this just a problem with their service in CT?

This question, "Comcast broadcasting HD 16:9 shows on SD 4:3 Channels?," is about XFinity-Comcast TV television equipment.

For other news regarding Comcast broadcasting HD 16:9 shows on SD 4:3 Channels?, and XFinity - Comcast television equipment, see our recommended stories below.