Comcast Internet Question

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I have recently switched my phone, cable, and internet over to Comcast. Everything works fine but for some reason every time I try to use my router to get multiple connections, my internet goes out. I've heard that this is a big problem with Comcast yet no one knows the answers. The router has been reset and is set up fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I honestly have no idea but that's why I'm not getting the phone addition. I just don't trust having all of my eggs in one basket, so to speak.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
That doesn't necessarily sound like it must be related to having the telephone service. Rather, it almost sounds like the router is crashing, perhaps due to too many data collisions. At the same exact time your Internet access goes out, can you log into the router (before your Internet access itself returns)? If so, then the problem goes deeper, i.e., to the cable modem or beyond. But if you cannot log into the router at the same exact time that your Internet access goes out, then you've got a bad (or inadequate) router.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
That doesn't necessarily sound like it must be related to having the telephone service. Rather, it almost sounds like the router is crashing, perhaps due to too many data collisions. At the same exact time your Internet access goes out, can you log into the router (before your Internet access itself returns)? If so, then the problem goes deeper, i.e., to the cable modem or beyond. But if you cannot log into the router at the same exact time that your Internet access goes out, then you've got a bad (or inadequate) router.

I can still log into the router, just can't seem to browse any sites. I've tried just about everything. It is a Netgear router if that helps any, and the addresses for the cable modem and router were both reset as instructed by tech support, yet that didn't help either.