Comcast Rates

T

TexanTom

I've seen my Comcast bill go up twice in the past year here in Houston, TX. I know it's easy just to cancel but there is no one else over here that offers cable TV in my area. If I go with satellite TV by DirecTV or Dish Network, I then have to pay 30-40% more for my cable internet connection.

I want to know if Comcast is raising rates elsewhere. How many others are paying more each year? My cable TV package runs me a little over $100 a month now and I don't even have HBO or any other movie channels.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Everyone's cable rates are rising - every year.

A lot of us have cut the cable and gone to getting our TV with an antenna, and supplementing it with internet TV. Even some of us that have kept the pay TV still have an antenna and an internet player to have more choices at a lower price.

Interested? We can tell you how to do it, let us know what your needs are.

MrPogi

Staff member
I also forgot to ask: Have you called and asked for a lower rate? Or called and tell them you're ::considering:: going to Dish Network, and see if they don't hook you up with their "retentions" department?

This works about 50+ percent of the time. You've got nothing to lose, and if the nothing happens, try again later and see if you get connected to someone else who WILL help you.

"If you don't ask, you don't get."

dkreichen1968

Staff member
You might also consider "bundling" your internet with their "limited basic" package to get a discount while using an antenna for free HDTV and a Roku for free and low cost Video on Demand. Free digital wireless (broadcast) TV offers better picture quality on network programming and channels you may never have heard of (THIS TV, Antenna TV, Create, Bounce, Qubo, Ion Life, Live Well, etc.). Roku offers free and lowcost movies from Crackle, Popcornflix, and Netflix($7.99 a month); VOD from Fox News, CNN, and the Wall Street Journal; and live streams of RT and Aljazeera.

Last edited:

MrPogi

Staff member
You might also consider "bundling" your internet with their "limited basic" package to get a discount while using an antenna for free HDTV and a Roku for free and low cost Video on Demand. Free digital wireless (broadcast) TV offers better picture quality on network programming and channels you may never have heard of.
Just to add to what Dan said, HDTV usually comes with an HD fee or Box rental fee with Comcast.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Yes, the rates go up everywhere. I have Comcast and my rates tend to go up every 6 months. You can sometimes get a deal if you call and tell them your situation.