Comcast Remote Replacement

U

Unregistered

Where can I buy a cheap remote replacement for Comcast? I broke mine this weekend when it fell on the tile in my living room. Is it expensive if I go through Comcast?

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Where can I buy a cheap remote replacement for Comcast? I broke mine this weekend when it fell on the tile in my living room. Is it expensive if I go through Comcast?
Since I've never broken a cable remote I don't know if it's expensive to replace one through Comcast. I know of one other provider that considers remotes to be essentually throw away items (and the batteries become a major waste disposal concern when the remotes are returned). You may be able to find a used remote on Craig's List if Comcast won't replace it for free. Of course it will need to be programmed for your particular STB.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I'd check with Comcast and see what they say. Their technicians don't think much of leaving old remotes behind so they may agree that it's not really a costly item. You might just read your bill. It might be listed in the stuff they send it out all the time where the prices are listed.