Comcast "retiring" Voice2Go and the Connect app for financial reasons? Charge an additional fee! - XFinity

It is not surprising that Comcast is reducing its services and using a financial arguement as the justification. They have done it many times in the past.

What is surprising is that they are reducing their "valued" customers ability to communicate during a pandemic with only 6 weeks notice! It really shows what their senior management thinks of their customers.

It also seems disingenuous to quote lack of usage as a justification for termination of a service when for the past year life, and certainly usage patterns, have been anything other than normal.

When I first added an Xfinity landline to my service (many years ago) the Comcast rep extolled all of the benefits over a Verizon landline. You could answer and receive calls and texts from your PC (removed from the service), you could send and receive texts from your landline number (removed from the service), you could make and receive calls from any mobile device, even those without a cellular plan (about to be removed from the service). Now the Xfinity landline is just that, a plain old landline.

To the Comcast employees moderating this forum, forwarding calls to another number is not even close to being able to make and receive calls from the Xfinity Connect app.

The Connect app enabled me to make and receive calls from my home phone number even when out of the home. I used it almost every day. That is a feature I would be willing to pay an additional fee to keep. I am sure I am not alone in being willing to pay for the service.

This question, "Comcast "retiring" Voice2Go and the Connect app for financial reasons? Charge an additional fee!," is about XFinity-Comcast TV Television Apps.

For other news regarding Comcast "retiring" Voice2Go and the Connect app for financial reasons? Charge an additional fee!, and XFinity - Comcast Television Apps, see our recommended stories below.