Commercials are scrambled and pixelated - DirecTV

Every time we're watching our tv, anytime commercials come on, they are scrambled and pixelated. The only way to fix it is to change the channel and then change it back.

This question, "Commercials are scrambled and pixelated," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

Pixelated commercials

I here ya! Same problem here... We are in Georiga, Ware County and it started doing this about 4 months ago. Nothing seems to get rid of it.

G

Guest from Georgia

Glad to hear it's not just us ... all the same stuff here ... feel bad for those advertisers

Glad to hear it's not just us ... all the same stuff here ... feel bad for those advertisers
Are you all expierancing this issue on all of your DirecTV boxes? Or is it just DVRs?

The reason I ask is that if you have a DVR, DirecTV somehow is able to download local channels on to your DVR and play them in place of national commercials. The user doesn't know the difference, but if you see a local political ad on Comedy Central that is why. It could be that the data is possibly being corrupted or not downloading completely which could be causing the issue. This is just a guess, if you would like a more in-depth answer there are a couple forums dedicated to satellite TV where you may be able to find more help.

U

Upstate N Y

I have the same problem in NY .File complaint with direct tv They have no answer .Call the Ad people they are wasting their money on commercials no one sees
I am having the exact same problem. I have reset all boxes multiple times and it continues.