Confused about how to get 4k content - DirecTV

Hi, just hoping for a little clarification before calling DirecTV or seeing if I can do this without a call or professional installation.
I just bought a Samsung 4k ready TV (UN65ks8000). I hooked it up today. It's connected to an HR54-700 HD DVR receiver. My modem/router sits right next to them and both the directv receiver and TV are wired into it. I have two other 1080p tv's in the house using the mini genie client receivers. The DirecTV 4k page has a note saying I can't have the HD DVR connected to the 4k tv. Why is this? It makes no sense to me. I'd have to swap receivers around and use a Deca thing right? I do have a Deca lying around from three years ago though. That would further complicate things I would think. My current setup seems to make much more sense to me as the main receiver is wired directly to the modem/router. Will this not work? Do I still need to have someone come out to get 4k?
Thanks for all the help!

This question, "Confused about how to get 4k content," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.