Connecting audio from wireless Genie Mini to a Samsung HT-J4500 5.1 Blu-ray Entertain

I just had DirecTV installed in my home. Due to cable lenght concerns, the server is installed in a back bedroom and I have two wireless Genie Minis installed in other rooms. My Samsung home entainment system only has an optical digital audio input and the Mini audio output is a coax digital connection. Per suggestions on this forum, I acquired a converter to switch the coax digital output from the Mini to Optical digital into the Samsung. However, regardless of what I do with the settings on the Samsung, the sound now comes out of the unit in stereo mode...specifically only thru the front L and R speakers. The Samsung was providing excellent surround sound with my other cable providers DVR.....and a direct optical connection....

The converter was highly recommended by Fry's and is an XtremPro coax to toslink converter..

Sure could use some advice on this one! Thanks

This question, "Connecting audio from wireless Genie Mini to a Samsung HT-J4500 5.1 Blu-ray Entertainment System," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.