Controlling DVR using Front Panel Buttons - XFinity

My system is not working. The remote does not work at all to control the DVR (Cisco RNG200n), but it works fine for the TV. Comcast support said there is a problem somewhere, that the DVR is not responding to control signals from the main office, etc. They are sending a tech out January 7th. (sigh)

I would like to just watch everything recorded since, if the DVR might get replaced, I don't want to lose what I have not seen. Is it possible to use the DVR front panel buttons to control the DVR, like I am using the remote?

I can only use the default item for each page that I am on when I use the List Button. The Volume and Channel controls change the channel and adjust the volume and not change to another program or fast forward, etc. Is this possible ?

This question, "Controlling DVR using Front Panel Buttons," is about XFinity-Comcast TV television equipment.

For other news regarding Controlling DVR using Front Panel Buttons, and XFinity - Comcast television equipment, see our recommended stories below.