Converter Box Coupons 2012

J

Jeremiah McGhee

I have 2 converter box cards that I never used. I can list the card numbers too if you don't believe me. How can I make use of them now? I no longer can afford cable TV. PLEASE HELP!

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I have 2 converter box cards that I never used. I can list the card numbers too if you don't believe me. How can I make use of them now? I no longer can afford cable TV. PLEASE HELP!
There's no way to use them, they expired no more than 90 days after being issued.
You should have used them while they were valid.

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
that was the reply that got from FCC about this topic

You are receiving this email in response to your inquiry to the FCC.

Hello

The NTIA Converter Box Coupon Program ended at 12 midnight, July 31, 2009. There is no way to request coupons or file an appeal.

NOTE: The Coupon Program is over. The last day to apply for a coupon or file an appeal was July 31, 2009. There are no more active coupons and retailers can no longer accept coupons for converter box sales. Some retailers may still be selling converter boxes without accepting coupons. NTIA and the FCC can provide no further assistance regarding coupons. Background and statistics regarding this program can be found on the NTIA's website at NTIA: Digital TV Transition and Public Safety.

so is not possible get a coupon of discount bcause the DTV is on air and the coupons were a way of made the transition softer to people.

G

BEST TV ALTERNATIVE, when you can't afford cable anymore

Go to Roku.com and purchase a box for a one-time fee. (I bought the cheapest one they had $50) Then sign up for netflix or hulu, both at $7.99/month or just watch the rree movie channel which is crackle! You MUST have high speed internet wireless. AT&T offers wireless for $15 a month. For less than $30 you can have TV again. I had to make the switch myself and it's one of the BEST decisions I have ever made in order to save some cash. I hope this is helpful!

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Go to Roku.com and purchase a box for a one-time fee. (I bought the cheapest one they had $50) Then sign up for netflix or hulu, both at $7.99/month or just watch the rree movie channel which is crackle! You MUST have high speed internet wireless. AT&T offers wireless for $15 a month. For less than $30 you can have TV again. I had to make the switch myself and it's one of the BEST decisions I have ever made in order to save some cash. I hope this is helpful!
Well free wireless broadcast TV has a huge advantage over even Roku in that it doesn't require a broadband internet connection and therefore is truely free. Not to say that Roku, Netflix, and Hulu Plus isn't a great way to get premium, on demand content that isn't available over the air.

Terminology Growing Too Fast For Human Consumption!

Well free wireless broadcast TV has a huge advantage over even Roku in that it doesn't require a broadband internet connection and therefore is truely free.
Clarification: Pretty sure you mean free over-the-air TV, with a TV antenna. "Wireless" has taken on another meaning, which confused me at first. (I have gotten internet TV from a neighbor's unprotected wifi, but ... not so good. :embarrassed: )

Not to say that Roku, Netflix, and Hulu Plus isn't a great way to get premium, on demand content that isn't available over the air.
Indubitably.

R.