Converter Box for my mono connection TV

CarmenC

DTVUSA Rookie
I have a perfectly working Panasonic Solid State TV that is BLACK and WHITE and which I use often. It has UHF and VHF but the mono Antenna wire seems to come from the inside and connects to the VHF on the back. I think I see no jacks. It is a model #TR-1202T. Do I need or can I somehow connect it to a DTV converter box?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Welcome to the forum.
You have two choices for connecting a converter box. For either of these you need to completely collapse the antenna.
(1) Purchase a 75 ohm to 300 ohm matching transformer (balun). They're around $3.00. Connect the coaxial (coax) cable out of the CECB to the matching balun. Connect either of the twin leads out of the balun to the collapsed antenna using some electrical tape. Set the CECB and TV to channel 3 or 4 whichever is unused and program the CECB.
(2) You could cut and separate the end of the short coax cable to expose the center wire. Connect the exposed wire to the collapsed antenna using electrical tape. Connect the other end of the coax to the CECB and match the TV and CECB output to an unused channel 3 or 4. Program the box.
I have a perfectly working Panasonic Solid State TV that is BLACK and WHITE and which I use often. It has UHF and VHF but the mono Antenna wire seems to come from the inside and connects to the VHF on the back. I think I see no jacks. It is a model #TR-1202T. Do I need or can I somehow connect it to a DTV converter box?