Converter Box Remote

Have a DigitalStream DTX9950 converter box remote that will not change TV channels UP or DOWN; however it will change the TV channels using the number buttons. Therefore, we cannot get channels having a -1, -2, -3. TV is a Zenith Model #B27A11Z, Serial #921-26460657. Solution to this problem?

Last edited:
If you are using the 'arrow' keys to change channels instead of the actual channel up/down it won't work. i made that mistake a few times since it didn't matter if you used arrows or channel up/down on dish network satellite.

If that doesn't work, i would try a factory reset and unplug it, remove/replace the remote's batteries, plug the box back in, and try it again. if that doesn't work i would exchange the box for another. when they start giving you fits it's not good as it seems they will fail in more ways later. my experience with a RCA DTA800 was that way, small potatoes ended up causing it to ultimately fail in the future.

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
If you are using the 'arrow' keys to change channels instead of the actual channel up/down it won't work. i made that mistake a few times since it didn't matter if you used arrows or channel up/down on dish network satellite.

If that doesn't work, i would try a factory reset and unplug it, remove/replace the remote's batteries, plug the box back in, and try it again. if that doesn't work i would exchange the box for another. when they start giving you fits it's not good as it seems they will fail in more ways later. my experience with a RCA DTA800 was that way, small potatoes ended up causing it to ultimately fail in the future.
That sounds exactly like my DVR, can't change the channels using the up and down button, only channel plus and channel minus buttons.