Converter box volume

ehy

DTVUSA Rookie
We have the Insignia converter box connected to our portable TV in the kitchen and the picture is fine but the volume is lacking. The loudest it gets can barely be heard if there are people talking in the kitchen. We have turned up the volume on the TV to the highest it will go as well as turning it up on the converter box but it just doesn't get very loud. If we really want to hear what is being said, we simply turn off the converter but then the picture is a little snowy but the sound is great! Can this be fixed? Thanks.

We have the Insignia converter box connected to our portable TV in the kitchen and the picture is fine but the volume is lacking. The loudest it gets can barely be heard if there are people talking in the kitchen. We have turned up the volume on the TV to the highest it will go as well as turning it up on the converter box but it just doesn't get very loud. If we really want to hear what is being said, we simply turn off the converter but then the picture is a little snowy but the sound is great! Can this be fixed? Thanks.
how is the box attached to the tv?:)

netxx

DTVUSA Rookie
ehy volume

Had a volume problem when I first hooked up the dtv box. The box remote volume all the way up ( 100 ) was hard to hear. I hooked the dtv up without unplugging the vcr I had hooked up before the box. When I tried to use the tv off botton by holding down the box "tv power" button and then pushing the channel button on the box remote up or down , it didn't work. I had to turn the tv off using the old vcr remote, remember it's plugged in, but not connected to "anything". The old vcr remote turned the tv off, so I tried turning the tv on and using the vcr remote to raise the VOLUME. I raised the volume to about 50 on the tv, and then when I turned the dtv box on the volume was scary, because now when I use the box remote I only have to turn it up to like ( 30 ) and the volume was loud.

It seems the volume as it's set on the tv may affect the volume when the box is hooked up. I read your post hoping I could get some info about "volume". Here's hoping someone else got a better explanation.

G

Volume on tv

I had the same problem to fix it I turned off coverter box. Turned up volume on tv as loud as it went, then I turned on the coverter box. Had more sound