converter box w/channel display window

I would like to buy a converter box with a channel display window so i can easily see at a glance what channel is currently on.

You see, my TV now say channel 3, my VCR says channel 3, my HDD says channel 3.

So I NEED a remote to pull up a station guide or change channels to know where I'm at.

Is there a list of boxes with this feature?

I would like to buy a converter box with a channel display window so i can easily see at a glance what channel is currently on.

You see, my TV now say channel 3, my VCR says channel 3, my HDD says channel 3.

So I NEED a remote to pull up a station guide or change channels to know where I'm at.

Is there a list of boxes with this feature?
any converter box will show the channel it is on on the tv screen. no matter if it is set on 3.:)

D

David

I experimented with an over-the-air HDTV atennna, attempting to pick up an HDTV signal which are generally broadcast UHF.I have a HDTV with a receiver. I'm 50 miles from NYC and about that far from Scranton, PA. I'm up on a hill with no obstructions, and at elevation 800ft. I bought the most expensive atennna and tried for days to get something. I failed to receive anything clear except for a local station that broadcast for 2 hours a day. Broadcast UHF really isn't very good beyond 20 miles, so if they use the same broadcast atennnas and then convert the signal, I can't imagine it being worth the trouble. I'm happy with my Directv.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Broadcast UHF really isn't very good beyond 20 miles, so if they use the same broadcast atennnas and then convert the signal, I can't imagine it being worth the trouble. I'm happy with my Directv.
David,

My Broadcast TV reception is excellent including a channel 75 miles away from me. I am certain you have done something wrong in setting up your system, especially if you have 800 feet elevation and no obstructions. At that height, you shouldn't need "the most expensive antenna, but something comparatively small and simple.

How about sharing your antenna survey TV Fool with us so we can start to determine what's wrong. It would help if we knew what model antenna you are using.

Jim