Converter box will not turn on?

P

Preno

please i need some help. my digital apex dt250 tv converter will not come all of a sudden. one morning i woke up to realise that the power light was on red and will not change to green . thinking it was my universal remote , i reentered the code for apex ,nothing happened ,i bought another remote ,nothing please advice me on what to do . dissapointed owner
thanks

S

single gal

remove the back cover and check the capacitors. if any are bulging, use a solder iron to melt the pins underneath the board, and pull it out. replace it with same kind (about 2$). make sure to put the positive and negatives pins in the right holes. resolder and that will fix it. really easy, don't be afraid to try this, i have no tech or soldering experience and it was a piece of cake. took about 5 mins...more time spent unscrewing the cover. this will fix the problem.

G

Red power button/ no green on push or with remote.

well, well, well! Thanks for the advice, found this thread. my box power button would stay on red and not go to green when pushed or with the remote....so i opened it up as u suggested and saw 2 caps. that were puffy. replaced them both and VIOLA' back in business. Thanks.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
well, well, well! Thanks for the advice, found this thread. my box power button would stay on red and not go to green when pushed or with the remote....so i opened it up as u suggested and saw 2 caps. that were puffy. replaced them both and VIOLA' back in business. Thanks.
Correct. These converter boxes were built during a time when there were problems with caps. Here are some resources:

Capacitor plague - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Badcaps.net - Badcaps Home

Here's a pic of bad caps-

Not always the problem, but opening the box to look doesn't cost anything.

Last edited:

Salman341

DTVUSA Rookie
You have fime ideas. Really looking forward to read more.I was thinking of using this style for the site . Post is nicely written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post.

My I view-3500STBI won't turn on there is no light on on the box please help.
First and most obvious thing: Check the plug and make sure it's getting power. If it doesn't turn on, try a different outlet.

If you're still not seeing anything, then you're probably looking at a failure, either with the power converter (I'm assuming your power convert is the box-tail type plug). You can try a multi-voltage/changeable input converter that you can pick up at Batteries Plus or similar electronics supplier.

If you're still not seeing it power up after that, then I'm betting you have a problem with the hardware itself. I see the 3500 has a 1 year limited warranty, so you may be able to return it, or you may be stuck getting something new.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/683844/Iview-3500stbii.html?page=23#manual