Converter remote does not work on TV, scan function?

NoCableGuy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hi, my remote does not move up or down when I want to scan for channels. It seems that the remote is not working with the TV. The remote turns the converter box on and it has that dialog where it shows the scan function on the TV but after that, the remote does not do anything. It seems that the remote is not working with the TV. What should I do?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Hi, my remote does not move up or down when I want to scan for channels. It seems that the remote is not working with the TV. The remote turns the converter box on and it has that dialog where it shows the scan function on the TV but after that, the remote does not do anything. It seems that the remote is not working with the TV. What should I do?
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Which CECB are you using? In your other post you mention missing stations. It changed channels at one point. Did the remote just stop working all of the sudden or is it certain features that aren't working?

NoCableGuy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Which CECB are you using? In your other post you mention missing stations. It changed channels at one point. Did the remote just stop working all of the sudden or is it certain features that aren't working?
I have two TV sets. This is the one I am using the convertor box for. The remote never did work. I mean for it to scan and go from left to right or up or down to select what you want to do.

My other TV has a digital tuner.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I have two TV sets. This is the one I am using the convertor box for. The remote never did work. I mean for it to scan and go from left to right or up or down to select what you want to do.

My other TV has a digital tuner.
This may sound silly, but take the batteries out and replace them with a fresh set. Make sure to install them correctly. Some of these CECBs have been sitting a long while. When all else fails I recommend the basics.

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Call me ignorant, but I (as well as a few others) would like to know what brand of converter box you are you using? Maybe we can find more info on the converter. Regardless of what you are told at the store, they do not all work the same way.