Converting Digital TVGOS Stream to Analog

cgull

DTVUSA Rookie
Just spent several hours researching and want to confirm what I think I need to do. I have my OTA Antenna up and am receiving all local digital channels. I can't get any TVGOS data at all and I assume it is because my set (Samsung HL-R5667W) does not support digital TVGOS streams which my local CBS affiliate is broadcasting. I just canceled Comcast so I don't have cable.

If I get a DTVPal, will I be able to get TVGOS working? Also, which input does it go into on my TV without interfering with the existing OTA coax feed? Will I still be able to get digital audio OTA?

In reviewing the manual for the DTVPal, you have to use the G-Link with wand which I do have but was hoping to avoid this. Here is what I was thinking since my set has 2 coax inputs I can use one exclusively for tvgos from the DTVPal.

Code:
                                --------------------
              Antenna -------->| OTA Coax in        |
                     |         |                    |   
             Splitter|         |                    |
                 DTVPal------->| RF Cable Coax in   |
                         tvgos  --------------------
Thx in advance for any assistance.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if your Samsung HL-R5667W is capable of digital TVGOS reception, haven't found anything on the net that says otherwise either. What city/state do you live in, we can look up which digital channel is sending the TVGOS data.

The DTVPal Plus will receive TVGOS over digital signals, but you will lose the capability of receiving HD (The Pal Plus downconverts HD signals and sends them to your TV via RF cables).

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Do some googling for firmware updates for your model. I seem to remember something about it for the TVGOS. I'll do some searching when I get some time and post back with the results.
Just spent several hours researching and want to confirm what I think I need to do. I have my OTA Antenna up and am receiving all local digital channels. I can't get any TVGOS data at all and I assume it is because my set (Samsung HL-R5667W) does not support digital TVGOS streams which my local CBS affiliate is broadcasting. I just canceled Comcast so I don't have cable.

If I get a DTVPal, will I be able to get TVGOS working? Also, which input does it go into on my TV without interfering with the existing OTA coax feed? Will I still be able to get digital audio OTA?

In reviewing the manual for the DTVPal, you have to use the G-Link with wand which I do have but was hoping to avoid this. Here is what I was thinking since my set has 2 coax inputs I can use one exclusively for tvgos from the DTVPal.

Code:
                                --------------------
              Antenna -------->| OTA Coax in        |
             Splitter|         |                    |
                 DTVPal------->| RF Cable Coax in   |
                         tvgos  --------------------
Thx in advance for any assistance.

cgull

DTVUSA Rookie
Thx for responses. Samsung confirmed there is no digital TVGOS support. I just ordered the DTVPal DVR so hopefully there wont be any issues.... although I may still test this setup when I get the DTVPal+ for my secondary set.

I am in the Atlanta area so 46 is my channel.

Here is my version...