Cool TV coming to Sinclair stations

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Welcome to 6 weeks ago.
Yea the news article was published six weeks ago but it was new news to me when I read it and posted it here and I'm sure it was new news to others as well. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't happen, if that's what you're implying.

Trips web site (rabbitears.info) still list Cool TV on the Sinclair owned stations so it's a safe bet that the deal is still a go. It seems that sometimes it just takes a longer time to launch a new subchannel than was expected. As an example WOTH 25.5 was suppose to launch a new subchannel last week but are instead still showing the same old classic commercials as filler until they do get whatever new channel it is on the air. I hope both channels happen soon and don't pull a .2 Network fiasco on the public.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Anyone else getting this on their Sinclair station yet? It finally showed up on WSTR 64 out of Cincinnati either yesterday or this morning so hopefully it'll start showing up on all the Sinclair channels soon.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I'd say fewer than half the Sinclair stations are up and running with Cool TV, but it's almost half. More should be launching in the coming weeks. I hear WTVZ in Norfolk is planning on Monday.

- Trip

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
It doesn't look like they're gonna' be in LA either, Aaron and that's a shame because it's a pretty good tv station with a good mix of older and newer pop and rock music videos. It's just like MTV use to be but without the DJ's.

For anyone who wants to know which channels Cool TV will be on, check this link THECOOLTV_SinclairTelevisionGroup.

Something I find interesting there is that Cool TV will be on WRGT 45.2 in Dayton, Ohio but that's currently the channel where ThisTV airs in the Dayton market so I wonder what will happen to them? Surely WRGT won't dump ThisTV entirely . I'm wondering if maybe they might move it to WRGT's sister station in the Dayton market, WKEF 22?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Once again, my part of Utah misses the boat on yet ANOTHER decent sub-channel. I want my COOLTV!

These networks are missing in Logan UT:

CW
RTV
TheCoolTV
IonTV

>>and a bunch of others.

If anyone in Cache County, UT has seen these missing stations, please report them to the authorities. Do not try to apprehend, they may be dangerous, according to several local religious leaders.

Last edited:

dave73

DTVUSA Member
Once again, my part of Utah misses the boat on yet ANOTHER decent sub-channel. I want my COOLTV!

These networks are missing in Logan UT:

CW
RTV
TheCoolTV
IonTV

>>and a bunch of others.

If anyone in Cache County, UT has seen these missing stations, please report them to the authorities. Do not try to apprehend, they may be dangerous, according to several local religious leaders.
In Chicago, RTV & The Cool TV aren't in Chicago, though RTV's website shows WPVN-LD as being an RTV affiliate. I'm not sure if any station in Chicago shows any interest in The Cool TV. I was hoping maybe WGN-TV might carry it. Instead, they're creating their own movie/classic TV channel called Antenna TV, which is supposed to go on the air in January, 2011. WGN-TV isn't gonna take any additional bandwidth away from the main channel in order to keep it in 1080i, & look like major crap. So I doubt it'll come to Chicago now.

As for the article about Sinclair carrying The Cool TV on their stations; I read about it a while back. Only the Milwaukee market will not have it on a Sinclair station, due to an existing agreement already made with Journal Broadcasting's WTMJ-TV.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Welcome, TheFox, to the forum, how are things in my old stomping grounds, Rochester, NY?

Can you please send a case of white hots to me here in Utah?

WUHF, fox 31... remember Ranger Bob?

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
For anyone who wants to know which channels Cool TV will be on, check this link THECOOLTV_SinclairTelevisionGroup.

Something I find interesting there is that Cool TV will be on WRGT 45.2 in Dayton, Ohio but that's currently the channel where ThisTV airs in the Dayton market so I wonder what will happen to them? Surely WRGT won't dump ThisTV entirely . I'm wondering if maybe they might move it to WRGT's sister station in the Dayton market, WKEF 22?
Quoting myself, CoolTV showed up today in the Dayton market but not on 45.2 as their site still claims. Instead they're on WKEF 22.2. Yeee Hawww! :)

G

Where is my Cool TV?

What has happened to Cool TV 22.2? It has been off for a few weeks now. I really enjoyed the channel!