Cordcutters CONTINUE to drive up OTA (antenna) TV viewership year after year

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: LSDdtvUHF

What has not been studied nor counted are how many homes use FREE OTA on secondary TV sets, such as in kitchens, basement workshops and garages. Many homes including mine do not have those rooms wired for 'cable' but we still have TV service via free OTA in those areas.

If counted, I think the number of OTA 'receivers' would easily double.

Jim

rickcain

DTVUSA Jr. Member
OTA would be even more popular if not for Homeowners Associations causing so many problems for people trying to put up antennas. They're a bane on society and they know they can't stop you but they are very good at trying. Its nice to have a good war chest of residents fee money when suing you.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
OTA would be even more popular if not for Homeowners Associations causing so many problems for people trying to put up antennas. They're a bane on society and they know they can't stop you but they are very good at trying. Its nice to have a good war chest of residents fee money when suing you.
Lawyers won't help HOAs fighting the FCC. There is no "FCC court", and the OTARD rules are very clear. If HOAs showed lawyers the OTARD rules, they would know that it's a losing battle.

Most residents are too intimidated to fight HOAs, though. I have a co-worker who lives in a large mobile home park that prohibits TV antennas and I've told him about the rules, but he just doesn't want to rock the boat. Funny thing is, their antenna ban would crumble in a challenge - because they allow satellite dishes!