Coupon declined!

Nyquist

DTVUSA Rookie
I went to best buy yesterday and both my coupons were declined. The expiration date is 5/22/09 so it should have been fine. They said that it would only be declined if someone already used it, so I thought ok maybe somebody somehow stole the numbers off my card because I didn't use the coupons. I tried calling the number, but it is only to request new coupons.

Anyway, I tried wal mart today thinking maybe it would be different but it was still declined. But the cashier at wal mart said that every card that day with the same expiration date was getting declined, so it wasn't just my card. This was in Hawaii btw.

Anybody know what's going on??

Nyquist

DTVUSA Rookie
Nope.

But since other people were getting declined it makes it less likely that we all had our cards numbers stolen.

Hopefully this is a much wider problem and not an isolated event so the goverment can fix this!! I could ask someone else to request coupons for me but it's just a PITA

Is there a number I can call instead of an automated phone answering machine?

I went to HEB today and my coupons received message of invalid when coupon was swipe. The coupons have valid date for 03/03/2009. So shouldn't my coupons still be valid.

jem

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Just relax, since you are not the only one who's coupon is declined maybe there something wrong with their system, so try to check another day and see if you can go through, goodluck!!

Just relax, since you are not the only one who's coupon is declined maybe there something wrong with their system, so try to check another day and see if you can go through, goodluck!!
I went to Wal Mart and Benny's and both declined the coupon. The expiration on mine is June. What is the story?

if the program is out of money and assuming the cards don't have a prepaid balance it's quite possible the card when swiped is dialing in the broke coupon program and asking for money that's not there, which will happen to respond with 'Card declined' in a manner very similar to a maxed-out credit card.

coupon denied

i also had my coupon denied at walmart dont expire til 18 june cant find any help been waiting for a box for 30+days now and when i got one it was declined why do they waste so much money and time for this . I still have one channel to watch for now need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
i also had my coupon denied at walmart dont expire til 18 june cant find any help been waiting for a box for 30+days now and when i got one it was declined why do they waste so much money and time for this . I still have one channel to watch for now need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Were your coupon cards expired? If they were, you can try to reorder them again at www.dtv2009.gov

TLars

DTVUSA Rookie
Any update as to what is going on with trying to redeem the coupon cards - yet they are declined? I too tried to redeem them on the last day and they were denied at 2 locations. The mail wasn't tampered with and I had to pull them off of the sticky stuff in the letter.
I submitted for a replacement and now have been denied because I've already received the 2 coupons - nothing is said about me not being able to redeem them.

This is frustrating. I can't file for another appeal because the system shows I've already received the coupons. ARGH!

HELP?

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Any update as to what is going on with trying to redeem the coupon cards - yet they are declined? I too tried to redeem them on the last day and they were denied at 2 locations. The mail wasn't tampered with and I had to pull them off of the sticky stuff in the letter.
I submitted for a replacement and now have been denied because I've already received the 2 coupons - nothing is said about me not being able to redeem them.

This is frustrating. I can't file for another appeal because the system shows I've already received the coupons. ARGH!

HELP?
hi TLars, when did you reapply? About 2 months ago the Government made some changes so you can reapply for coupons now if yours have been declined. Did you reapply at www.dtv2009.gov

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DirecTV 0