Cox Communications Will Go Wireless

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Cox Comm To Build Wireless Network

The privately held Atlanta cable operator said Monday it will use Sprint Nextel's (S Quote - Cramer on S - Stock Picks) nationwide network next year to quickly enter the wireless market, while it build its own high-speed 3G network to launch in late 2009.

Cox's forthcoming wireless service will join its digital cable, high-speed Internet and telephone bundle, which the company said it hopes will help it better compete with AT&T and Verizon...
It's always good to see more competition in the info business. I'm quite a fan of everything wireless except for watching shows on my mobile phone.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
Great find Froix. It seems kind of late in the game to build another 3G network, aren't there some new technologies on the horizon that'll eventually replace 3G in the next 3-5 years?

TV on a cell phone is rediculous......well, come to think of it, I do like to watch Youtube videos every once in a while while I'm waiting somewhere (Like the DMV!).

Next thing you know, you'll be able to surf the internet, and navigate the streets via GPS on your phone. Wait a sec... ;) Who knows what's next. I saw a report one time that the government was thinking about passing some kind of law that would force phone companies to put capabilities for detecting gas or deadly chemicals in your phone. Crazy stuff. ;)

It is absolutely crazy about what they are doing ith phone and what we can do on our phones. Who would've thought 10 years ago that we would have internet on our phones and tv on our phones? It seems like the world of technology is moving too fast and it's hard to keep up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0
G Questions and Answers 0