Cox hosting DTV Meeting in Orange County, CA

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Cox Communications is offering a free seminar on Dec. 11 about the upcoming switch from analog to digital broadcasting. All TV networks are required to make the change on Feb. 17, 2009.

The Digital Transition Town Hall meeting will help prepare Orange County residents for the new system. Though many households already receive a digital signal, the session will answer questions and quell concerns from concerned TV viewers.

The event includes presentations by the Federal Communications Commission, O.C. broadcaster KDOC and Cox Communications. It will take place at the Lakeview Senior Center Dining Room in Irvine on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. The free event does not require an RSVP.
Source: OC METRO ? Rancho Santa Margarita-based Cox Communications holds digital information meeting

Thomas G

Contributor
Good ole Orange County. That seems like an odd spot to have a Digital Transition Seminar. I bet the ratio for OTA vs. cable/satellite subcribers is much lower than any other market. I mean, isn't the general thinking, the higher the income level in a neighborhood, the better the chance that there are going to be more cable and satellite subscribers?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Good ole Orange County. That seems like an odd spot to have a Digital Transition Seminar. I bet the ratio for OTA vs. cable/satellite subcribers is much lower than any other market. I mean, isn't the general thinking, the higher the income level in a neighborhood, the better the chance that there are going to be more cable and satellite subscribers?
Those rich folks gotta convert their hdtvs. ;) jk. I agree with you completely.