Craig Convertor Box CVD508

Penny J.

DTVUSA Rookie
Hi. This is what I bought a Craig CVD508. The unit came on fine. The remote will not work with the supplied batteries. I put in new Rayovac batteries and still nothing. I called 1.888.225.5322 and they said they could not help with problems with the boxes and that I would have to call the company that made the box. I tried they closed at 5:00. My receipt from CVS says no refunds. Does that also mean no exchanges? I see from doing some reading now that other people have had trouble with the remotes that come with this particular unit. The guy @ the above mentioned number said maybe I need a number of some sort to make the remote work...Does anybody have a clue what he is talking about? How would I enter a number into a unit that will not work period. I installed this same unit for a friend today and I did not have to input any form of number. His remote worked fine with the supplied batteries. I am afraid that the Craig unit is going to be a nightmare as opposed to my first unit for my main tv which was a Magnavox...Thanks

Hi. This is what I bought a Craig CVD508. The unit came on fine. The remote will not work with the supplied batteries. I put in new Rayovac batteries and still nothing. I called 1.888.225.5322 and they said they could not help with problems with the boxes and that I would have to call the company that made the box. I tried they closed at 5:00. My receipt from CVS says no refunds. Does that also mean no exchanges? I see from doing some reading now that other people have had trouble with the remotes that come with this particular unit. The guy @ the above mentioned number said maybe I need a number of some sort to make the remote work...Does anybody have a clue what he is talking about? How would I enter a number into a unit that will not work period. I installed this same unit for a friend today and I did not have to input any form of number. His remote worked fine with the supplied batteries. I am afraid that the Craig unit is going to be a nightmare as opposed to my first unit for my main tv which was a Magnavox...Thanks
you should be able to exchange it for another box at least.