Customer service experiences?

SpoiledAngel

DTVUSA Jr. Member
What are your experiences with their customer service?

I have been solely with COX phone-internet-cable for almost 2 years. I am happy with the actual phone internet and cable service I get from them. However, I have had extreme issues with their customer service accuracy.

I have been misquoted, charged for services that were not provided, installation requests set up yet un-logged and therefore uninstalled and waited over a month to have my phone hooked up because they kept putting in the work order wrong and sending out the same people who were unable to do a complete set up. I was charged (which after 3 months a dozen phone calls and emails was refunded) for an additional cable jack installation which I never received because the IC they sent told me "We don't make a habit of drilling holes in peoples walls, but we can just run the cable from your living room to the bedroom". :eek:

I do have to state though that actually speaking with their CS reps I never had issues they have always been polite.

nick

DTVUSA Member
Yeah this is the problem with each and every cable company in the states. Really i have changed 3 to 5 cable companies and they all had billing problem and cox is one of them..

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Yeah this is the problem with each and every cable company in the states. Really i have changed 3 to 5 cable companies and they all had billing problem and cox is one of them..
I wish I had 3-5 competing cable companes in my area. Cox isn't that bad if you get their bundle, but since I switched to DTV for my TV services, it's become so much more expensive for me to have a cable modem and telephone service.

tj716

DTVUSA Member
I said something about this on another thread but we have had nothing but trouble with their customer service the only good thing we can say is the net and the tv never go down unless there is a power outage, they are very good at keeping up on the lines around here. They are always out at 3 am working on them it seems.

tyler

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yea, I'm not very happy with Cox either but they are really the only solution due to my location and such. Cox does have friendly customer service but I get very frustrated with the little knowledge that the customer service reps know and I many times feel I know more about Cox services than the agents I'm speaking to.

naazlee

DTVUSA Jr. Member
My brother is subscribed to Cox since the past 18 months and has never cmplained about their customer service. There were a few instances where the reception for the cable was not good but was resolved within a day. hH never had difficulties in getting through to their customer.rep.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
This is interesting. I've never used Cox. Right now I have Comcast and while I'm not their biggest fan, I have to say that in years of service, they've never mischarged me, and I peruse that thing like a hawk.