DC TV's

Rick Goss

DTVUSA Rookie
I have a small DC (battery powered) TV which I use for "emergencies" and it is NOT a digital TV. Whenever the AC power goes out during a storm or bad weather situations I rely on this to keep my family safe. The cable usually goes out as well, leaving me to my battery TV to get local weather broadcasts which always go to special broadcasts with radar showing the location of the tornados or storm front locations. Am I going to be out of luck when the digital conversion happens OR is there a DC powered converter that will allow me to get a signal during power outages.

Surely the "powers to be" considered situations such as this...

I have a small DC (battery powered) TV which I use for "emergencies" and it is NOT a digital TV. Whenever the AC power goes out during a storm or bad weather situations I rely on this to keep my family safe. The cable usually goes out as well, leaving me to my battery TV to get local weather broadcasts which always go to special broadcasts with radar showing the location of the tornados or storm front locations. Am I going to be out of luck when the digital conversion happens OR is there a DC powered converter that will allow me to get a signal during power outages.

Surely the "powers to be" considered situations such as this...
Wine guard makes a converter with a battery pack but that is the only solution without buying a new battery tv with a digital tuner.:)