Deals or Promotions?

U

Unregistered

Are there any deals or promotions going right now for Dish Network? I'm on my last 2 months with Comcast and want to switch to Dish Network for their DVR.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Satellite providers have a number of different deals available at any one time.

I get on average about 10+ offers a week from satellite providers. Here's what I would do to find the best deals:

Watch your mail, TV and newspaper for the next month, and see what offers you can find. Write them down or keep the ad, along with the contact information. Use this information at the end of the month to negotiate the best possible deal for the package you want.

More advice: read the contract carefully. Once that dish is installed, you're lock into that contract for 2 years.

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Dish has 3 deals going right now between the America's Top 120, Top 200, and Top 250. Includes the Hopper as Jim has mentioned if you sign the 2-year deal.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Dish has 3 deals going right now between the America's Top 120, Top 200, and Top 250. Includes the Hopper as Jim has mentioned if you sign the 2-year deal.
If? I don't think you have much choice. You have to sign a contract.

Just SIGN ZEE PAPERS! Vee have vays of making you sign zee papers...

If? I don't think you have much choice. You have to sign a contract.

Just SIGN ZEE PAPERS! Vee have vays of making you sign zee papers...
You know, I've always believed there should be time limits on contracts, in addition to the bankruptcy loophole. How many people become virtual slaves for half their lives because of an ill-advised signature? What if you've ingested some mind altering bacteria without your knowledge? (Hundreds of substances in our food have mind altering potential. One common mechanism is inhibiting the manufacture of one or more B vitamin.) Seems like two years should be the absolute maximum unless lawyers for both sides are present. One year is plenty for something so frivolous as a cable TV package. Marriage? Hmmm... haven't yet fleshed out all the details on "RickVille." :flypig:

You absolutely need contract law to make free enterprise work, but too much of anything becomes tyranny. When you turn 18 you're suddenly blessed with the wisdom to sign your life away? Ridiculous!

R.