declined coupon

Ron

DTVUSA Rookie
i tried to use my coupon on the last day, (today, 8-19-2008) and it was declined. the retail store i went to had converters on the shelf. what gives? am i just out the $40? coupon won't be any better after expiration date will it?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ron,
What was the store's reason for declining your converter coupon card? After they declined it, did they return the card back to you?

Also, was the actual expiration date of the card 8-19-2008?

Ron

DTVUSA Rookie
declined coupon jay

they didn't know why it was declined ,it just didn't work. the clerk then called the consumer hotline @ 1-888-388-2009 and was referred to this website. the card (coupon) was then returned to me with the receipt and i came home and got online. i'm a rookie on this computer, so please try to make this fix simple. i'm really not so sure it's worth the trouble anyway,because the first converter box i got doesn't work worth a darn anyway. it keeps freezing up and skipping all the time. i think i should stop watching tv altogether, there's not much on anyway.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
i think i should stop watching tv altogether, there's not much on anyway.
Very true!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that your experience with the coupon program has been bad, you're definitely not the only one. You may want to check out this thread: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/converter-box-general-questions/26-expired-coupons.html#post303 when you get a chance.

Unfortunately, until Congress gets off their rump to legislate a fix for expired coupons, there won't be anything we can do to help you use your converter coupon card.

For now, you may want to bookmark www.dtv2009.gov or this forum to watch for news on when expired coupon holders will be able to re-apply again.

Don't hesitate to ask us anything else! You had mentioned your existing converter box reception is bad? Are you missing channels? When you describe that the box is freezing up, is it a choppy picture, or is the picture literally frozen still, and you have to reset the converter box?

bob

DTVUSA Rookie
declind card

i had two cards and my mom had two cards they have good dates on them but it declined one of each one of each went through. what can i do. one expiration date is 09/22/2008 the other is 10/10/2008.

Last edited:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
i had two cards and my mom had two cards they have good dates on them but it declined one of each one of each went through. what can i do. one expiration date is 09/22/2008 the other is 10/10/2008.
Hey Bob,

Where were the cards declined, and did the store/retailer give you a specific reason for declining the converter coupon cards?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DirecTV 0