Delivering wireless HD to my HDTV or how else can I hide wires?

IRule

DTVUSA Rookie
I've installed my Toshiba HDTV on the wall of my family room. Would like to know if there's a better way to hide the video and power wires than just having them hang down the wall from the bottom of the TV. I don't have to worry about audio because I send the signal from my DVD player and cable box to my tuner, and then the speakers. Thanks for any help.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
What kind of video feed do you have going from your DVD player and cable box? HDMI? Does your tuner have any HDMI inputs on it?

Jasonite

DTVUSA Rookie
I've installed my Toshiba HDTV on the wall of my family room. Would like to know if there's a better way to hide the video and power wires than just having them hang down the wall from the bottom of the TV. I don't have to worry about audio because I send the signal from my DVD player and cable box to my tuner, and then the speakers. Thanks for any help.
I'd suggest a few things that I just did. First convert all your components to RF from IR. Next, run wires to a place where you can hide components. I have mine in a basement. I have the Direct TV box down there with a computer. Sound systems also runs off RF.

IRule

DTVUSA Rookie
I'd suggest a few things that I just did. First convert all your components to RF from IR. Next, run wires to a place where you can hide components. I have mine in a basement. I have the Direct TV box down there with a computer. Sound systems also runs off RF.
Would it be possible to convert my HDMI to RF? Are you able to get 1080p on your TV or is it standard definition?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I have the Onkyo 605 w/ 2 HDMI inputs. What do you think? :)
How good are you at cutting dry wall? Even if you convert your HDMI to wireless, you'll still have that ugly power cord running down your wall.

Just a suggestion, but I would run both HDMI outputs from your cable box and DVD player to your receiver. Then run a single output from your receiver to your TV. That would cut down on one wire. The next thing you could do is possibly look into cutting a hole in your wall behind your TV, and cutting a hole lower to the ground so you could route the wires out of sight or something of the sort. Just an idea though.