Dick Van Dyke tweets about mystery illness being solved

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Movie and TV Legend Dick Van Dyke has finally found the cause of his misery: dental implants.

View attachment 2384 Van Dyke, loved for movie roles such as Bert in Mary Poppins and Caractacus Potts in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, turned to his Twitter readers on April 17 for help in determining a mystery illness that was causing him to cancel a bevy of appearances. Tweeted the white-haired actor, "My head bangs every time I lay down. I've had every test come back that I'm perfectly healthy. Anybody got any ideas?"

Indeed, Van Dyke had been ordered by his doctor to remain in his Malibu home until they could make some headway in figuring out what was wrong. The thespian complained of fatigue, stating he was not able to get much sleep.

Two days later, comedic Van Dyke had received many responses and used Twitter to note, "Thank you for your concern & advice. I've had this condition for 7 yrs. Its not terminal, just a pain."

On May 30th, the youthful actor revealed that the mystery had finally been solved. He tweeted, "It seems that my titanium dental implants are the cause of my head pounding. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for all your replies."

The 87-year-old performer is known for his 1960's comedy show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, that continues to air in syndication and is now available on DVD. As time passed, he also starred in The New Dyke Van Dyke Show and Diagnosis Murder, an hour-long mystery show that co-starred his son, Barry Van Dyke.

He can be found on Twitter with his @iammrvandy moniker. His wife, Arlene, is frequently found on his page as well, often providing cute family nuggets or bits of information on her husband like this little gem of Van Dyke at a store https://vine.co/v/bEXhTbHgbUA. The couple wed last year on February 29.

Attachments