Did I buy the wrong converter?

Naomi

DTVUSA Rookie
I have two cords. One red, white, yellow and one black cord that has sharp ends on it. which do i plug into my TV? The instruction manual shows both cords being plugged into the TV but the back of my TV only has one hole?

Piggie

Super Moderator
I have two cords. One red, white, yellow and one black cord that has sharp ends on it. which do i plug into my TV? The instruction manual shows both cords being plugged into the TV but the back of my TV only has one hole?
if you have only one hole. Use the black cord with sharp ends. Remove the antenna from the TV. Put one end of the new cord that come with the converter into the back of the TV where the antenna was.

The other end goes to the converter box where it's labed TV.

Then put the antenna cable you removed from the TV into the converter box labeled antenna.

Put the TV on ch3, turn on the converter box. you will see a menu, choose scan for channels. It takes a long time to complete. Then you should be able to use the remote that came with the box to change channels.

Also see
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/converte...ow-install-your-dtv-converter-box-videos.html

Those red white yellow wires are for tvs with RCA style a/v inputs. If your tv doesn't have any you use the others which are called 'coaxial' cable like you use with connecting a VCR.