Did you know this?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
It makes you wonder, how or if we could ever recover from all of the government spending. All that spending and nothing to show for it. They're not a very good example to our children of how to live within your means.

Aries

DTVUSA Member
Well, like I've said before, if they stop making certain things illegal and wasting money controlling it (Especially marijuana), and put that money towards it, you could get rid of that debt within a few decades.

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
@EscapeVelocity

Why should they be nice to us? We are the ones in debt.

We should be nice to them.

Most of your imports are coming from these countries. If we brake up with them a big part of our industry would brake down.

Imagine machine producing companies without these little pins coming from China. No machine would built and no American worker would have a job here.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Jerseygirl, lets say that I owe you a thousand dollars. Then lets say that I owe you 200 billion dollars.

In what way does our relationship change?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
@EscapeVelocity

Why should they be nice to us? We are the ones in debt.

We should be nice to them.

Most of your imports are coming from these countries. If we brake up with them a big part of our industry would brake down.

Imagine machine producing companies without these little pins coming from China. No machine would built and no American worker would have a job here.
Hehehe! They had better be nice to us!!

EscapeVelocity

Piggie, that is a discussion worth having. I realize the difficulties that the US is facing.....however long term, Im very bullish on the US....when you look at the big picture and say decades and a century out.

@ escapeVelocity

I would have your life insurance and you would not get 200 billion dollars.
Believe me - would get the money out of the insurance.

:bathbaby:

I never lend any money. (But I would give you the missing rest on the supermarket cashier if you would not have enough to pay.

:behindsofa:

EscapeVelocity

The difference is that you now have a seriously vested interest in my well being so that I pay you back (you can afford to lose 1000 dollars but not 200 billion).....there is no insurance to take out on America. And the US has the baddest military in teh world.

As I said, they better be nice to us.

Better be nice to us? how? are they another threat to us like Afghanistan was during 9/11? did i miss something?

I think we should just kiss China goodbye and start making America production come back. we've already blessed China's economy and sunk ours, why not make 'Made in the USA' popular again?! it escaped me why we sold out to the xxxx Chinese in the first place. {Word replaced by Moderator}

America's already become much less assertive since we let other countries take over manufacturing, plus keep in mind that we're as a people letting our own damn government take over our lives with such things as 'Cash for Clunkers,' and 'National Healthcare'. before long we're going to have the same color houses and live in pastel suburbia, or worse, we'll allow our and everyone else's governments rise so much in power that it won't be long before the US declares Martial Law.

Barack Obama is already pulling all the same tricks as Jimmy Carter did in 1976; the sad part is now it's working.

I am not going to say more than this last sentence because it will definitely cause a huge flame war, but from reading the history of events just before 9/11, our own military had the power to stop it long before, and did...........absolutely nothing.....

Last edited by a moderator:

EscapeVelocity

I think DTVuser is discussing an important issue, and the history behind it should be fleshed out.....however that starts at least since the 2nd World War.....shall we?

That is the decline of American manufacturing and the rise of other countries manufacturing capabilities and free markets.

American manufacturing and capacity represented over 80 percent near 90% of worldwide production just after WW2. One of the primary reasons for WW2 (and WW1) was protected closed markets within the imperialist colonial model.

Bretton Woods and the post WW2 order was set up to encourage free and international trade (and to protect against Communist imperial expansion)....in order to promote the well being of all nations....all ships rise together. What this meant was a continual deterioration of US manufacturing and production as a percentage of worldwide production. This also done as a firewall against Communist expansion....all the Asian Tigers starting with Japan and now including China are a part of this grand coalition/consensus. Remeber in the 80s when everyone was afraid of the Japanese killing US manufacturing...remember when the Japs bought Rockafeller Center. Nobody is worried about the Japs anymore. Now its China....and China is killing Japanese production.

I think that this grand vision is still desireable....however the Chinese arent playing fair....they need to float their currency above all else. This will in fact instantly add purchasing power to the average Chinese worker and expand their political power as well....which will push for liberalization and democratic reforms on the government. This is good. I wish no ill on the regular Chan. Expansion of Chinese consumers is good for everyone. As it is now the government is manipulating its currency and treating its workers poorly in an attempt to eviscerate the Wests manufacturing base...and the money is being used to build military capability...in fact much of Chinese business is controlling interest owned by teh PLA, members of the PLA, members of the Communist Party, and the government of China. This has to change.....or we definitely should start moving towards protectionist policies as a ballwark against Chinas agrgessive illegal currency manipulation.

Im just getting started.

All of Europe was lifted out of poverty by the US, all the Asian tigers, Germany, Mexico now, and much of Latin America. Withe much of the worlds industrial rise now catching up to our shrinking of same....the playing field is equalled....Communism is all but dead (although Communism with a friendly face aka Social Demoracy is still fighting the good fight). Its time to start looking out for America first....weve done our bit for the world....especially as regards heavy industrial and manufacturing capacity...bread and butter.

Its interesting that the non Western Left isnt into cultural suicide like the Western Left, dont you think?

Last edited:

bicker

DTVUSA Member
What you're saying is ridiculous. {yelling increased font removed}
Why would you call another American ridiculous without discussing?
Read the message you replied to; you'll see that you misread it. No one has called you any names.

And that measure of emotion which prompted you to misconstrue the message indicates the big problem with a discussion of politics proceeding from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

bicker

DTVUSA Member
The size of those letters shows that I recognized that you didn't read what you replied to, and so I made it bigger so that your doing so a second time would be even more obvious. I'd have used yellow highlighter, but I don't see that feature on this bulletin board.

You've already insinuated that you'd consider an opposing view as a "talking point" and dismiss it out of hand, so why would anyone who disagrees with you choose to actually engage you?

Last edited:
Get back to the topic,folks!:hippie:

After WW2 a lot of industrial information, money and much other stuff went from Germany to US. You know what I mean. Not only the little things the soldiers took as gifts home.

Although a lot of knowledge and skills (in form of real people) crossed the ocean.

I think we are missing people with skills and visions to create a new economic America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming to the part, why I should be nice to someone who lent me money?
Easy, if this someone acts the same like me, he could take over my country.
Never thought about that? We- as USA have always taken part in wars to get something out of it. Look at Afghanistan and you see that American oil companies are the leaders there (o.k. they belong to the Bush ).

Never thought a country like China could only need space for people and would took this for reason for a war?
That "needing space for people" was Hitler´s first argument. We all know what was following...