Different Prices for internet

kiralynn

DTVUSA Jr. Member
What are the different price ranges of internet for cable and satellite across the united states, just a few price ranges would be great to know and how do I find out this information without having to call up every cable company that is in the phone book?

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
What are the different price ranges of internet for cable and satellite across the united states, just a few price ranges would be great to know and how do I find out this information without having to call up every cable company that is in the phone book?
Why do you need this info? Odds are there is only one cable company serving your area. If by satellite you mean DirecTv or DishNetwork they don't offer internet. There are satellite internet companies and the two biggest being Hughesnet and Wildblue both of which are overpriced and suck and aren't worth bothering with.

Why don't you tell us where you live and we can help you find out which interent options are actually available to you if any.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
It really does depend where you live, and while one company may be the dominant, it doesn't mean that there aren't a couple of little guys around. We have at least three options here that I can think of.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Why do you need this info? Odds are there is only one cable company serving your area. If by satellite you mean DirecTv or DishNetwork they don't offer internet. There are satellite internet companies and the two biggest being Hughesnet and Wildblue both of which are overpriced and suck and aren't worth bothering with.

Why don't you tell us where you live and we can help you find out which interent options are actually available to you if any.
100% agree about Wildblue. I have a few family members who are too far out to get regular cable so basically it was Wildblue or nothing. They paid double what I pay for my internet ( I get a package deal of $115 for cable, phone and internet) and the connection was either too slow or being knocked off constantly.

I get my internet through my phone service and I really can't complain. For cable we only have one option, but for internet their are a few options, although I get confused since a friend of mine that lives nearby and has the same phone provider told me she could not get the same DSL I have. Verizon offered a bundled service that included the internet, cell and home phone that worked out cheaper then what I used to pay for just my cell account.

Now is the time to look around, I saw small laptops that were only about $99 providing you sign up for the AT&T satellite deal, they told me thats about $49 a month for 2 years, which really for a student or anyone that travels alot is not a bad deal

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I have 3 options where I live: Comcast (CABLE), Qwest (DSL), or Digis (WISP)

I have Digis. Service is pretty reliable, 5 down / 2 up, but they have a REDICULOUS throttling policy. Once I reach my daily cap, I am throttled back to 512K. The bill is $ 40 a month inc. taxes and equip. rental. I can't do netflix, but I can use HULU.

The other 2 are not good choices for me. I HATE Qwest with a passion, they slammed my phone account several times and lied to me too much. They both want me to "bundle" to get a decent price. "Hey, we'll give you this shiny internet you want for $45, but you have to take this smelly piece of crap with it for $55!". No way.

My monthly bill is:

Internet: $40 (Digis)
TV: $FREE (OTA)
Phone: $1.66 (magic Jack)
2 Cellphones: $16 (Tracfone)

total, $57.66 for my DIY "bundle"

Of course, what you pay for internet can be as little as $8 a month, but who can live with dial-up anymore besides grandma?

Last edited: