Digital converter box and rf modulator

mikeener

DTVUSA Rookie
We currently use a RF Modulator. Several attempts to hook up the Digital Converter were unsucessful. Any suggestions on how to hook up the digital converter box?

Thanks.

We're going to need some more info for sure. How many inputs available on your TV, how many inputs available on your RF modulator. What is currently connected to the RF Modulator?

mikeener

DTVUSA Rookie
I apologize in advance for not speaking in technical terms.

We have: a non-dtv TV, a VHS player, 5-disc DVD player (that we also use for music, so there are speakers involved), the modulator and "rabbit" ears.

Here is where it might get painful for you...

The modulator has a cable between it and the tv (that hooks into the tv where the antennae would connect), the "antennae in" connection on the modulator is connected to the vcr, the "rabbit ears" cable is connected to the vcr, and there is a another cable connected to the modulator that has three connectors (white, yellow and red).

The availble connections available (not currently in use) are:
On the modulator: s-video
On the tv: s-video, "In" connections for video 1 and video 2 as well as "Out" (red, white, yellow and blue coded).

Here's hoping that, once you are done laughing at my description, you are able to help me!

Thanks!

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
I apologize in advance for not speaking in technical terms.

We have: a non-dtv TV, a VHS player, 5-disc DVD player (that we also use for music, so there are speakers involved), the modulator and "rabbit" ears.

Here is where it might get painful for you...

The modulator has a cable between it and the tv (that hooks into the tv where the antennae would connect), the "antennae in" connection on the modulator is connected to the vcr, the "rabbit ears" cable is connected to the vcr, and there is a another cable connected to the modulator that has three connectors (white, yellow and red).

The availble connections available (not currently in use) are:
On the modulator: s-video
On the tv: s-video, "In" connections for video 1 and video 2 as well as "Out" (red, white, yellow and blue coded).

Here's hoping that, once you are done laughing at my description, you are able to help me!

Thanks!
My vote goes towards connecting the converter before the VCR by connecting a coax output out of the converter to the coax input of the VCR. Simple enough, but it may require adjusting some setting on the VCR to get the converter box program guide menu (or anything from the converter box) to be displayed. You can do that by selecting a different input on the VCR on the VCR remote. You'll need a antenna for your converter. Hope that helped.