Digital converter with VCR timer

Casandra

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I've only found 1 converter so far with a VCR timer which is the DTVPal Plus, but it's not available at any of the stores I've been to. Are there any other converter boxes with this feature?

Ricardo

DTVUSA Member
Have you considered using a digital hard drive machine to record your programs?

My wife has one and loves it. There are no tapes, the picture and audio are better than VCRs and if you want, you can make a copy on a DVD-R.

Just a thought... :cool:

Casandra

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Thank you everyone for your help!

Have you considered using a digital hard drive machine to record your programs?

My wife has one and loves it. There are no tapes, the picture and audio are better than VCRs and if you want, you can make a copy on a DVD-R.

Just a thought... :cool:
I have! I just don't know if I want to fork out $100 or so instead of upgrading to cable and getting a DVR. Decisions, decisions, decesions. ;)

Thank you everyone for your help!

I have! I just don't know if I want to fork out $100 or so instead of upgrading to cable and getting a DVR. Decisions, decisions, decesions. ;)
only problem is you have to pay a monthly charge for the dvr and you can't get the programs off most of them so if you want to record something to keep on a dvd or something you can't. I have a dish dvr and my wife records the how its made stuff for some of here classes and then there is no way to get it on a dvd so it really sucked now we have a tuner in a computer and I record to it.:)

only problem is you have to pay a monthly charge for the dvr and you can't get the programs off most of them so if you want to record something to keep on a dvd or something you can't. I have a dish dvr and my wife records the how its made stuff for some of here classes and then there is no way to get it on a dvd so it really sucked now we have a tuner in a computer and I record to it.:)
Not all DVR's have a monthly charge, just Tivo and a select few/others like rental units from your cable or satellite company. I've seen a few over-the-air DVRs but make sure you get one with a digital tuner!

Ricardo

DTVUSA Member
My wife bought a hard drive recorder, as opposed to the kind of service you can get with some cable companies. So she can keep them as long as she wants or burn them to DVDs. I think it cost over a couple hundred dollars a few years ago.

We had some trouble routing it to use in line with the cable company box though. It seems the box's design works much more easily if you're using the company's personal digital recording feature.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
My wife bought a hard drive recorder, as opposed to the kind of service you can get with some cable companies. So she can keep them as long as she wants or burn them to DVDs. I think it cost over a couple hundred dollars a few years ago.
And this works for over-the-air dtv signals right? Can you actually see what shows are coming in the next 24-48 hours and set it to record for different times?