Digital DVR/VCR?

skashmer

DTVUSA Rookie
I live in the country outside of Lafayette, IN - part of the 2% that cannot receive local channels through satellite (both Directv and Dish) and cable is not available in my rural neighborhood. I have paid to have a new digital antenna installed on a new tower to receive digital tv and it is coming in great. $1000 later and with all new digital boxes installed on my non-digital televisions, I need to figure out a way to record shows from local channels without having to switch the channels on the converter boxes for each and every show. I understand they make digital VCR's but they aren't very good, can anyone speak on this issue? Also would like to know if I can get a digital DVR? I love my Directv DVR and would love to have the convenience of recording a television series or movie at the touch of a button as I can on my satellite DVR. Would sure appreciate some help. I am on board with the need for digital television as I understand we need to free up the analog air space but I have invested a great deal of money and still can't do what I want to do. Thanks for any help you can provide.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I live in the country outside of Lafayette, IN - part of the 2% that cannot receive local channels through satellite (both Directv and Dish) and cable is not available in my rural neighborhood. I have paid to have a new digital antenna installed on a new tower to receive digital tv and it is coming in great. $1000 later and with all new digital boxes installed on my non-digital televisions, I need to figure out a way to record shows from local channels without having to switch the channels on the converter boxes for each and every show. I understand they make digital VCR's but they aren't very good, can anyone speak on this issue? Also would like to know if I can get a digital DVR? I love my Directv DVR and would love to have the convenience of recording a television series or movie at the touch of a button as I can on my satellite DVR. Would sure appreciate some help. I am on board with the need for digital television as I understand we need to free up the analog air space but I have invested a great deal of money and still can't do what I want to do. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Yes there is a good choice for recording OTA DTV programs. It's a Dish Network DTVPal DVR. It requires no monthly expense and will do w pretty much what you're looking for.
DTVPAL.COM