Digital TV does not work in all of rural midwest

Hi,
Just to let you know that we tried...bought a converter box, a special antenna, a power booster for the antenna, the special cable and also a new digital television. We have no reception here in northern Minnesota.
The good news is that for $5995 we can purchase a dish system that will get us 4 channels. Maybe some year we can do this .

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Maybe the problem is you don't need a CECB for an HDTV and there is no special cable. If you really need help you can always post with facts;)
Hi,
Just to let you know that we tried...bought a converter box, a special antenna, a power booster for the antenna, the special cable and also a new digital television. We have no reception here in northern Minnesota.
The good news is that for $5995 we can purchase a dish system that will get us 4 channels. Maybe some year we can do this .

Piggie

Super Moderator
Hi,
You can buy a Blu Ray player cheaper than that and watch HD Movies.

Also DirecTV and Dish Network is not that much money or even close.

forensicnurse

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yep, and don't feel alone out there in the midwest. San Bernardino, Southern California only gets 54 (or less) 80% of the time on the 2 of 3 major stations, which come from L.A. Got them FINE before, but 58 power is needed to get something that is NOT frozen, pixelated or just goes black after a few minutes of "trying".

I guess netflix and those type of movie rentals will get more of the market. And I will get the news from the Internet.

I turned off the lights, I was the last one on analog. Now I got barely nothing and have to "work" 20+ minutes to maybe get it long enough to watch a 1/2 hour program (that would be PBS, which is "local" here)

SIGH. Oh well.

I also live in rural MN (highway ten) and it seems that someone along the ways simply did not think about how this transition would actually impact people who do not live in large metropolitian cities where the network affiliated exist.

Ok, lets say I can afford a mega big outdoor antenna and can get someone to set it up. They cannot last too long with the Minnesota snow and Antenna web says that at best I am looking at getting FOX and PBS.

Is anything going to be done about this? Can anything be done about this?