Direct TV for your car

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
Yep, you heard me. Direct TV now has a satellite option for your car or van. It amazes me all the things that technology is coming up with. It seems only a couple of years ago, that we found out we could put t.v.'s in our cars, now we can have satellite, too. No more DVD's or video tapes getting lost or broken. Ya...hoo..!!!

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
Welcome to DTV USA, Peter. Yeah sounds like a great plan to me, too. I don't know how many dvd's and video tapes have been broken in travel. At least this way, the kids can watch their programs and give the driver some peace. It's even better when each kid has their own head phone set up. Although, I wouldn't recommend the driver trying to watch t.v. while going down the road.

Yes, the idea of this is pretty funny. However, believe it or not my daddy has always had a habit of reading while driving. He loved reading so much, he would take every opportunity to read. I don't really remember how he did it. Maybe it was just at traffic lights, but just the idea of it, doesn't really seem possible.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Now instead of dad going, "Stop it or I'll turn this car around," dad will be saying, "Knock it off or I'm switching to Discovery Channel!"

Isn't there a law that prohibits TV anywhere on the front seat? If there isn't there really should be.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
It was found that TV was such a distraction that many places have banned them from a position in the front seat. I'm glad to. The last thing I want is that idiot box going when I'm focused on something else so the ads can get in my subconscious.

MacGyver

DTVUSA Member
Now instead of dad going, "Stop it or I'll turn this car around," dad will be saying, "Knock it off or I'm switching to Discovery Channel!"

Isn't there a law that prohibits TV anywhere on the front seat? If there isn't there really should be.
"Oh no daddy, anything but the Discovery Channel. We will be good, we promise". It might cut down on "Daddy are we there, yet", too. Of course even more torturous to my kids than the Discovery Channel would be the History Channel, DIY, or the Military Channel. :eek:

teresa

DTVUSA Member
How in the world does direct tv get reception in your car? I assume there is some equipment to insall. Is there a running charge for the service just like having it in your home? Perhaps purchased as a bundle?

HAHA I agree there are going to definitely be more accidents on the road! But if you are going on long car rides with kids, having that could be very good and will keep your children occupied...my parents use to have a dvd player in their car, that was the best thing for us kids...and now actual TV...too much technology...lol.

Direct TV In The Car

That is a pretty good idea; but I wonder if the service will be better or worse. If you travel outside of signal area; it will be searching for satellite signal again.:(

Mei

DTVUSA Member
Yep, you heard me. Direct TV now has a satellite option for your car or van. It amazes me all the things that technology is coming up with. It seems only a couple of years ago, that we found out we could put t.v.'s in our cars, now we can have satellite, too. No more DVD's or video tapes getting lost or broken. Ya...hoo..!!!
wow, i never heard about this one. i wanted to put a tv inside my car but then i am worried that i might not get a good signal or anything. thank you for the information.