Direct TV Frozen when returning from another HDMI source... - DirecTV

Hello all,
here's my situtation.
So here's my setup. I have a Direct TV (Genie system) HR44/700 Receiver along with an Apple TV (newest generation). I pass each of these devices through a Yamaha Stereo which has HDMI passthrough and allows me to use it as a switch/source selector before passing the chosen signal (Direct Tv or Apple tv) on to the TV.
It has worked perfectly for nearly a year and about a month ago.. problems...

So.. here's my problem... I'm watching DirectTV (It's the selected signal to pass through my yamaha receiver) and all is well. I then decided to watch Apple TV. So I select that signal on my Yamaha and all is good. The problem is when I return to DirectTV it is almost always frozen. 90% of the time I have to unplug and plug back in the directtv receiver and have it reboot.

further frustrating me is that if, at the end of an evening watching apple TV, IF I forget to reset the Directv box, any scheduled recordings are omitted or corrupted. It's maddening.

So, in a nutshell, the main problem seems to be that if the DirectTV signal is interrupted to the TV it's receiver somehow knows that and locks up. I've replaced all HDMI cables... Anyone have any ideas or has anyone else experienced this weirdness?? Thanks everyone.

This question, "Direct TV Frozen when returning from another HDMI source...," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.