direct tv issues

hope you can help me... i have a friend who lives in a condo with direct tv in bulk... they have a couple of issues that they told me about and i thought i would post them here to see if you can help me... because it is in bulk there is no direct tv box or receiver just a cable line

1. weather channel... when this goes to the local on the 8's they were getting the local forecast and now they get the national forecast and regional forecast... it is mentioned on the direct tv website that they are suppose to get the local forecast but has had little to no luck with this.. the reseller of the direct tv to the building tells them that they can not figure how to keep this local forecast on and there only suggestion is to get a box to get this...

any suggestions....

2. sunday mlb games on tbs... when this game is being broadcast on sundays she is not getting the game... instead it is being blacked out... i thought that they are suppose to get the game unless it is the same game as in your local market... for example you live in chicago and the cubs game is the tbs game and also is being braodacast locally.. but say you are in chicago and the tbs game is the mets and phillies they are suppose to get the game...

any suggestions on why this is happening....

please help me help a friend.....

thanks

mookie

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I don't know if this would be helpful to your reseller:
I am a DirecTV subscriber. I'm not getting my local weather on the 8s -- why?

Answer
There may be one of two reasons for this:

1. Not all DirecTV subscribers have a set top box which supports interactive television applications, the technology which makes true Local on the 8s possible. You should contact DirecTV customer service at 800-494-4388 to find out if your box is "Interactive-enabled" -- and if not, whether it is possible for you to get a box which will provide you with true Local on the 8s and interactive weather on-demand from The Weather Channel.

2. If you are receiving HDTV service from DirecTV you may be tuned to the HDTV version of The Weather Channel, which is not yet enabled to provide true Local on the 8s and the interactive weather on demand service. To verify this, switch to the standard definition version of The Weather Channel, then press your red button to see if you are able to launch the weather on-demand feature (this may take a few seconds to load). If you are unable to see the SD version of The Weather Channel, you will need to go to the Settings portion of the Menu and turn on the SD duplicates. If you are unable to do this or can not see the interactive application on the SD version of the channel, contact DirecTV customer service at 800-494-4388.

direct tv

I don't know if this would be helpful to your reseller:

there is no individual box or receiver... the building gets this in bulk.. which means no boxes unless you subscribe to a more expensive service..... the building has the receivers in a locked room for the entire building... this is why i am asking for my friend....

mookie