DirecTV, Dish, FiOS, or Comcast

U

Unregistered

Just moved to New Jersey, and found out that I'm able to choose between 4 cable and satellite TV providers. Any recommendations between DirecTV or FiOS?

After doing some research, I currently have them ranked:

DirecTV - Most programming but also most expensive. Good whole-home DVR.
FiOS - Fastest speed internet, good quality HD, and great bundle package for cost savings.
Dish Network - Good programming, good whole-home DVR with Hopper.
Comcast - Good pricing with bundle package, not so good DVR.

n2rj

Staff member
Just moved to New Jersey,
My condolences. :)

and found out that I'm able to choose between 4 cable and satellite TV providers. Any recommendations between DirecTV or FiOS?

After doing some research, I currently have them ranked:

DirecTV - Most programming but also most expensive. Good whole-home DVR.
FiOS - Fastest speed internet, good quality HD, and great bundle package for cost savings.
Dish Network - Good programming, good whole-home DVR with Hopper.
Comcast - Good pricing with bundle package, not so good DVR.
Get FiOS. The HD quality is the best and the internet speeds are second to none. The only weak point is the DVR, but they're fixing that later on in the year.

What area are you in, just out of curiosity?

Last edited:
G

lol, I just moved to Atlantic City. I'm from Florida originally, so it's a bit of a change to me.

Thanks for your help. I really want a good DVR, so I'm a bit hesitant with FiOS. I wonder if I can get a deal without having to sign a contract for now so I can then upgrade when they have the new DVR come out.

n2rj

Staff member
That I'm not sure about, but it seems as though when new equipment comes out there is a rush and it's unavailable anyway. So whatever you get now you're stuck with for a while.

Florida to AC? Sounds like quite a move. Hope it was worth it for you. I live on the opposite end of the state, literally, up in the tri-corner with NY, NJ and PA near the delaware.