DIRECTV Doesn't Care About HD Anymore

@Fringe,
I know this was an older post of yours about DirecTV not caring about carrying HD content anymore. Do you know if the landscape has changed in the past few years on this topic?

I actually never really thought about that. As weird as it sounds, I don't go to the HD channels very often just because I think I forget that they are there and I went so long with never having them. I'm just happy my satellite bill is so much cheaper.

:) I was the same way until my wife got me hooked on watching HD TV sports broadcasts! Now, I have to have it...almost like the folks who will upgrade their i-devices every six months!!!!

James

DTVUSA Member
I would be disappointed if I had Directv. I remember all the promotion and raving about which provider had the most HD channels, who wa getting more and all that. HS was THE main reason to sign up with Directv. Now it is just Meh?

Yup, I don't think I could ever go back to DirecTV unless there just wasn't any other good option available for me to watch decent TV. At any rate, they will not be on my list of potential providers to subscribe to in the near to medium term.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Just because something is available in HD, that doesn't mean it's worth extra money to see it in HD.

Movies or Nat Geo? YES, please!
Duck Dynasty or Honey Boo Boo? No thank you.

@MrPogi,
I am shocked that you wouldn't find Honey Boo Boo more fulfilling to watch in HD :)...but wait, is that an admission that you watch Honey Boo Boo????