DirecTV DVR

U

Unregistered

What's the best DirecTV DVR I should ask for when they come this week to install service at my house? Or is there only one type that they offer now? Do they still offer Tivo? Also, what's the largest hard drive and storage space I can get with a DirecTV DVR?

You may definitely want to consider getting the Genie. We have DVR but right now we can only record two shows at once and that can be a hassle when I am watching something on one tv and my wife is watching something else on the other.

I upgraded to the Genie in my second year with DirecTV and my only complaint was the size of it. I've had it about a year so I don't know if they've downsized it or not but it took up a lot of space on my entertainment center. Other than that, the 1 TB of space and the ability to record so many shows were definite pluses and I was happy with the upgrade.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I upgraded to the Genie in my second year with DirecTV and my only complaint was the size of it. I've had it about a year so I don't know if they've downsized it or not but it took up a lot of space on my entertainment center. Other than that, the 1 TB of space and the ability to record so many shows were definite pluses and I was happy with the upgrade.
For me, my main complaint is the speed of the GUI / menu. Loads so slow, but much faster than the older DirecTV DVRs.